MA Vocational Teacher Testing Program
The Massachusetts Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program's role in the teacher licensure process consists of assessing the candidate's minimum competency in Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Program areas by administering both Written and Performance Exams. Technical Teacher Testing Program is limited to the administration of the Vocational Technical subject area written and performance examinations ONLY.
The Testing Program's hours of operation are weekdays from 8:15 a.m. through 3:15 p.m. and is located at Greater Lowell Technical High School in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts.
Testing Program Outline, Details and Forms
A. Candidate Handbook The Handbook contains detailed information on the Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program. Candidates are strongly urged to keep it on hand as a reference to be used to answer any questions that they may have regarding the testing process for Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program Written and Performance Exams.
B. Written Exam Registration To register for a written exam you need to print the registration form and mail it to our office along with your exam fee payable to GLTHS Teacher Testing by money order.
- Candidates must pass the written examination with a score of 70% or above before registering for the performance exam.
- Once you pass the written exam you will be mailed a performance exam registration form.
- If you need a performance exam registration form please contact the Testing Program Office.
YOU CANNOT REGISTER ONLINE
C. Exam Outlines and Resources
Outlines for each Written and Performance Examination as well as a list of resources and required materials/tools in order to prepare and take the exam.
D. Results Verification Request Form
Complete this form to request verification of your test results. This request is for FAILING CANDIDATES only
E. Withdrawal/Refund Request Form
Use this form if you have already registered and wish to withdraw from one of the exams for which you have registered or if you wish to withdraw your registration entirely.
F. Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form
Alternative testing arrangements that are reasonable in the context of this licensure exam and supported by documentation may be provided, upon request, to candidates who would not be able to take the exam under standard conditions. Candidates who may be eligible for alternative testing arrangements are:
- Candidates whose religious practices do not allow them to take tests on Saturdays; or
- Candidates with physical disabilities (e.g., visual impairments, motor disabilities, illness, or injury) or cognitive or emotional disabilities (e.g., learning disabilities)
- Food Allergies which would prevent participation in a particular portion of the Culinary Arts Performance Exam (i.e., fish, shellfish and certain food allergies)
You may make a request for alternative testing arrangements when you register for the VTTTP only during the regular registration period. To ensure that there is adequate time to process your request, you are required to register and submit all required information no later than 30 calendar days prior to the scheduled examination.