FREE Five Week Yoga Class for Students
Location: Lecture Hall
- TUESDAY: 3/26 Wrap up session in the 2nd floor Teacher’s Lounge. Teachers and students will come together to reflect on what practices of mindfulness and relaxation they were able to incorporate into their classrooms and lives. These techniques will be shared with the GL Tech community.
To register: https://goo.gl/forms/oAzGY6RdAnOpArS83 Registration will be first come - first served.
Please bring your own Yoga mats. Wear comfortable clothing.
Learn more about instructor, Lauren Young, M.Ed., RYT. , at https://www.laurenyoungyoga.com/
- Decrease Stress: Studies show that yoga can help ease stress and lower your levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Relieves Anxiety: Several studies show that practicing yoga can lead to a decrease in symptoms of anxiety.
- Reduce Inflammation: Some studies show that yoga may reduce inflammatory markers in the body and help prevent pro-inflammatory diseases.
- Heart Health: Alone or in combination with a healthy lifestyle, yoga may help decrease risk factors for heart disease
- Improves Quality of Life: Some studies show that yoga could improve quality of life and may be used as an adjunct therapy for some conditions
- Fight Depression: Several studies have found that yoga may decrease symptoms of depression by influencing the production of stress hormones in the body.
- Reduce Chronic Pain: Yoga may help reduce chronic pain in conditions like carpal tunnel syndrome and osteoarthritis.
- Promote Sleep Quality: Yoga may help enhance sleep quality because of its effects on melatonin and its impact on several common contributors to sleep problems.
- Improves Flexibility and Balance: Research shows that practicing yoga can help improve balance and increase flexibility.
- Help Improve Breathing: Yoga incorporates many breathing exercises, which could help improve breathing and lung function.
- Relieve Migraines: Studies show that yoga may stimulate the vagus nerve and reduce migraine intensity and frequency, alone or in combination with conventional care.
- Promotes Healthy Eating Habits: Yoga encourages mindfulness, which may be used to help promote mindful eating and healthy eating habits.
- Increase Strength: Some studies show that yoga can cause an increase in strength, endurance and flexibility.
DEVOS : Video on Demand for StaffVideo on Demand System that can be accessed in and out of school!