Driving & Parking Rules
(P. 32/33 and P. 65 of Student Handbook)
Students who drive to school must maintain a good attendance record and arrive at school on time. Students who drive automobiles and are tardy to school three (3) times in a marking period will have their privilege to drive suspended until the end of that marking period. In addition, two or more parking privilege suspensions will result in suspension of the permit for the remainder of the school year. The following rules apply:
- We reserve the right to suspend driving privileges based on student behavior, especially in cases involving drugs/alcohol at school.
- There is to be no loitering in or near cars on the school grounds.
- Students are not permitted to go to vehicles during the school day without administrative permission.
- Students will leave via the student parking area exit.
- Automobiles are to be driven with extreme caution. Students must not exceed 15 mph or drive so as to endanger.
- Students are forbidden to drive cars in the bus depot.
- When buses begin to leave the grounds, vehicles in the students' area will remain in the area until the last bus has departed.
- No vehicles will be permitted to pass school buses while said buses are loading or discharging students. Any violation of this regulation may result in referral to the police.
- Students are required to park in the designated student parking lot (back lot) only. Cars parked improperly can be towed at the owner’s expense.
- Reports of speeding or any other unsafe driving to and from school may result in loss of driving privileges.
- If you are involved in an accident, please report it immediately to the Main Office.
Violation of any of the rules and responsibilities listed above can result in suspension or revocation of a student’s parking permit. Greater Lowell Technical High School is not responsible for vandalism or any type of damage done to any vehicle while parked on this campus. Student driving violations are subject to disciplinary action up to an including suspension and/or revocation of parking permit privileges.
Driving & Parking Permission
Those students seeking permission to bring their cars to school must apply in the Main Office. The student's parents must sign the application indicating approval and that the vehicle is properly insured for a teenage driver. Every approved applicant will be provided with a parking placard that will be hung on the back of the rear view mirror. When the car is on campus this placard must be displayed at all times. If a student’s privilege to drive is suspended, the placard will be removed by the student and returned to the Main Office. Students are responsible to apply for a new placard each school year.