What Am I Reading
What are the goals?
- To promote and model reading to encourage lifelong readers and increase student success.
- Improve health - reading has been proven to reduce stress, improve memory and stave off Alzheimer’s disease, improve sleep, focus, and concentration.
What do I need to do?
- Read a novel, graphic novel, eBook, 3 picture books, 3 magazines. Audiobooks count!
- 3 sentence review of the book – why you liked or didn’t like it, what other books it reminded you of, something about your favorite character, etc. If you read magazines – what were your favorite articles. These are not summaries of the materials.
How do I know what is available in our Library Media Center?
- View our catalog from any web browser at https://gltech.follettdestiny.com/cataloging/servlet/presentadvancedsearchredirectorform.do?l2m=Library%20Search&tm=TopLevelCatalog.
- Sign up for a free eLibrary Card from the Boston Public library for access to a huge collection of eBooks and audiobooks at https://www.bpl.org/ecard/
- If there is something you need and we do not have it – email Kris Foti.
What about the prizes?
- At the end of the month – staff members and departments with the most book covers will win prizes - coffee, snacks, class pizza parties, varsity store gift cards, books, etc.
- At the end of the year – staff will be eligible for the grand prize.
- Bragging rights for being a prolific and model reader!
Who can participate?
- Any adult in the building!