No alteration in tuition may occur as a result of credit granting unless these courses are allowed for Readmission in Term II. This determination is based upon the number of courses, type of courses, and amount and availability of student open positions.
Transfer credit granting will be determined by the following criteria:
- An official transcript, mailed directly to the Director from the previous educational institution, for a course completed within the past three years.
- The course outlines may be required in order to determine similarity in content.
- A minimum grade of 77%/C+ must be achieved for nursing courses.
- A minimum grade of 75%/C for non-nursing courses.
- Any course may only be repeated once. An unsuccessful prior attempt with a course in another school will be considered as the first attempt and repetition of that course within this program will be considered the second attempt.
The following courses are eligible for course credit:
- Microbiology (Term I)
- Anatomy and Physiology (Term I)
- Pharmacology I (Term I)
- Nutrition (Term I)
- Growth and Development (Term II)
- Fundamentals of Nursing (Term I)
The Greater Lowell Technical School of Practical Nursing curriculum must be completed within two consecutive calendar years. Any transfer credits will be considered as part of the first year of the two calendar year allocations. If credit is awarded, the grade will be reflected on the report card and transcripts as a transfer. No numerical grade will be assigned and these courses will not be used to determine the cumulative average.
If transfer credit is granted, all Term I classes credit will be granted with the exception of Vocational Trends Term I.
Tuition will be determined by the final hour calculations that will need to be completed within the Program. The following rates will be used for tuition costs: $7.00 an hour in-district classroom hours, $11.00 an hour out-of-district classroom hours, $12.00 an hour out-of-state classroom hours and $8.00 an hour for all clinical hours.
If enrolling in Terms II & Term III, 50% of total tuition must be paid prior to the beginning of class.
If you are applying for financial aid, your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be completed before the start of Term II. If it is not completed, a payment plan or payment in full must be in place before the first day of Term II.