All Transfer applicants must complete all of the criteria described in the Admission Policy including; an application with a $140 payment, resume, an official transcript, 3 professional evaluations, valid documentation of citizenship status, social security card, proof of residency, CORI and health records. Drug testing is required and will be emailed directly from Quest Diagnostics. The placement on the waiting list for Term II will be determined by the date of the receipt of the application. All required documentation will need to be completed prior to starting the Term.
Applicants/students may apply for admission for Term II, however, all Term II and Term III nursing courses must be completed within the program to receive a certificate from the Greater Lowell Technical Practical Nurse Program. No alteration in tuition may occur as a result of credit granting unless these courses are allowed for Advanced Placement Status in Term II or Term III. This determination is based upon the number of courses, type of courses, and amount and availability of advanced placement positions. In order to receive full credit for any nursing clinical courses completed, all clinical absences must be made up within that academic year.
Transfer credit granting will be determined by the following criteria:
- Written request to the Director for credit consideration for specific courses must be submitted prior to the beginning of the program and must include all of the courses that are being considered for credit granting.
- An official transcript, mailed directly to the Director from the previous educational institution, for a course completed within the past three years.
- The course outlines may be required in order to determine similarity in content.
- A minimum grade of 77%/C+ must be achieved for nursing courses.
- A minimum grade of 75%/C for non-nursing courses.
- Any course may only be repeated once. An unsuccessful prior attempt with a course in another school will be considered as the first attempt and repetition of that course within this program will be considered the second attempt.
The Practical Nurse Program curriculum must be completed within two consecutive calendar years. Any transfer credits will be considered as part of the first year of the two calendar year allocations. If credit is awarded, the grade will be reflected on the report card and transcripts as a course exemption. No numerical grade will be assigned and these courses will not be used to determine the cumulative average.
If transfer credit is granted, all Term I class credit will be granted with the exception of Vocational trends (Term 1). Exemption from Vocational Trends will be granted per the course exemption policy.
Tuition will be determined by the final hour calculations that will need to be completed within the Program. The following rates will be used for tuition costs: $7.00 an hour in-district classroom hours, $11.00 an hour out-of-district classroom hours, $12.00 an hour out-of-state classroom hours and $13.00 an hour for all clinical hours.
If enrolling in Terms II & Term III, 50% of total tuition must be paid prior to the beginning of class.
If you are applying for financial aid, your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) must be completed before the start of Term II. If it is not completed, a payment plan or payment in full must be in place before the first day of Term II.