Choosing a High School - Two Educations in One
Your path to college and career success starts here.
Choosing a high school is a big decision and you have many excellent choices to explore. If you are looking for solid preparation for higher education and a head start on a successful career, Greater Lowell Technical High School may be your best choice.
As a modern vocational technical high school, we are able to offer students two educations in one. We offer challenging and rigorous academic courses in the four core subjects of English, math, science, and history. In addition, rather than supplementing our academics with an array of elective courses, our students explore, select, and focus on one of our 23 vocational-technical program majors. As a result, Greater Lowell Tech students are prepared to either enter college or the workforce upon graduation.
Greater Lowell Tech has a lot to offer!
- A beautiful 72-acre campus and a state-of-the-art facility that recently underwent a $65M construction/renovation project
- A welcoming, accepting, and supportive community that cares deeply about the success of every student entrusted to its care
- 23 vocational-technical programs with modern state-of-the-art lab/shop facilities
- 99% of the “Class of 2014” was either employed in the workforce (49%), attending college (46%), or serving our country in the military (4%) when surveyed one year after graduation with 91% of the class responding
- A strong Cooperative Education program that places 29% of eligible grade 11 and 12 students in paid internship positions in their career major—2nd highest rate in MA
- 19 Interscholastic Athletic Programs with 36 teams participating at various levels of competition
- 21 extracurricular clubs and activities
Is GLT the right school for you?
When you are choosing a high school, keep in mind that Greater Lowell Tech is a unique choice with a non-traditional instructional delivery model that combines academics with relevant career-focused instruction. We strongly encourage you to visit our website at www.gltech.org, attend our 8th Grade Open House, or call to schedule a visit and tour to see our academic and vocational-technical programs as well as talk with our students and faculty. If you decide Greater Lowell Tech is the right school for you, you will need to fill out and submit an application.
The Application Process
GLT accepts incoming and transferring 9th-grade students based on an Admission Plan that is approved by the MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education that ranks applicants using prior academic grades, attendance, discipline, and guidance recommendations. Initial acceptance letters go out in April to 8th graders who applied before February 1st. However, we have a rolling admission process for grade 9 which accepts applications at any time and places students as space becomes available. Please contact our Admissions Office at 978-441-4951 or email at email@example.com for assistance.