Welcome to Greater Lowell’s School Counseling Department

  • The Department of Mental Health has launched a new Behavioral Health Help Line that people can call or text at 833-773-2445. It is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week in more than 200 languages. The help line can help individuals and families navigate the behavioral health system and access treatment, including mobile crisis services. District and school leaders are asked to please share this resource with staff, families, and students, where helpful. For more information, please see the FAQ. Anyone with questions or concerns about the help line can email the help line director at Mio.Tamanaha@mass.gov

    The School Counseling Department at Greater Lowell Technical High School empowers all students to reach their truest potential by providing academic, technical, and personal support in collaboration with guardians, teachers, and support staff.

    Here at Greater Lowell, the School Counseling Department features one director, four adjustment counselors, and nine school counselors. Together, they offer a comprehensive developmental counseling program that includes:

    • Academic, career, and post-secondary planning
    • Technical program planning
    • Armed services information and planning
    • Scheduling conflicts
    • Social-emotional support
    • Crisis intervention/resources
    • Individual and group counseling
    • Job placement and career counseling

    Students should make a meeting with their counselor for any questions or concerns by finding their counselor and clicking on their google classroom.

    Parents are encouraged to reach out to their student’s counselor via email or phone. Virtual meetings can be requested as well by clicking on the virtual school counselor office link for your student’s specific counselor which can be found in the sidebar.

    Don't know your counselor? - Click here for a list of counselor assignments!

    Work Permits:

    All minors between the ages of 14 and 17 years old are required to have a work permit for employment.  In order to obtain a work permit, students must submit proof of age along with a completed Employment Permit Application.  Students should request a work permit from Brian Jones in the Cooperative Education Department.

    Examples of proof of age include a birth certificate, baptismal record, immigration record, or passport.

    GLTHS Counseling Program Beliefs:

    • All students have a right to equitable access to education and opportunities for personal, academic, and career advancement.
    • All students can become global citizens with the integrity, skills, and resources to be college and career ready.
    • A comprehensive school counseling program is integral to student success and achievement through the academic, career, and social-emotional domains.
    • School counselors challenge and support students as they realize their individual potential for personal and professional success.

    Ready to get your License?:

    The Massachusetts Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) has an online portal to provide easy access to resources for first-time drivers and parents and guardians of Junior Operators. The portal includes the steps to getting a driver’s license, parent/guardian information, safe driving tips, help studying for learner’s permits and road tests, and links to the learner’s permit application process.

Post Secondary Planning Guide

If you are having trouble viewing the document, you may download the document.

School Counselor Directory

Showing results for "Professor named Smith at Elementary School"