MASSACHUSETTS VOCATIONAL TECHNICAL
TEACHER TESTING PROGRAM
**For questions regarding the MVTTTP written or performance exams please e-mail email@example.com.
**REGISTRATIONS FOR THE OCTOBER/NOVEMBER 2021 PERFORMANCE EXAM ARE CLOSED**
- IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING MASKS: A mask is required to be worn indoors at Greater Lowell Technical High School regardless of your vaccination status. This is in line with the latest MA Department of Elementary and Secondary Education mask policy.
MVTTTP COVID-19 Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines - Click Here
For DESE COVID-19 Licensure Information - Click Here
The Massachusetts Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program's role in the teacher licensure process consists of assessing the candidate's minimum competency in Chapter 74 Vocational Technical Program areas by administering both Written and Performance Exams. Technical Teacher Testing Program is limited to the administration of the Vocational Technical subject area written and performance examinations ONLY.
The Testing Program's hours of operation are weekdays from 7:15 a.m. through 2:45 p.m. and we are located at Greater Lowell Technical High School in Tyngsboro, Massachusetts.
**Please mail all registration forms and correspondance to:
Massachusetts Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program
250 Pawtucket Blvd.
Tyngsboro, MA 01879
If you have any questions or would like an exam package mailed to you please contact Mrs. Lisa Boyd, Administrative Assistant/Office Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing Program Outline, Details, and Forms
A. Candidate Handbook 2021-2022 - The Handbook contains detailed information on the Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program. Candidates are strongly urged to keep it on hand as a reference to be used to answer any questions that they may have regarding the testing process for Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program Written and Performance Exams.
B. 2021-2022 Written Exam Registration Form - To register for a written exam you need to print the registration form and mail it to Massachusetts Vocational Technical Teacher Testing Program, 250 Pawtucket Blvd., Tyngsboro, MA 01879 along with your exam fee payable to GLTHS Teacher Testing by money order. The cost of the written exam is $175.00.
Registrations forms must be received by the specified deadline dates and WILL NOT be accepted without payment. If your travel plans preclude you from having it in by the deadline date you should contact Lisa Boyd.
We DO NOT accept personal checks, business checks, credit cards or CASH.
- Candidates must pass the written examination with a score of 70% or above before registering for the performance exam.
- Once you pass the written exam you will be mailed a performance exam registration form.
- If you need a performance exam registration form please contact the Testing Program Office.
YOU CANNOT REGISTER ONLINE
C. Exam Outlines and Resources
Outlines for each Written and Performance Examination as well as a list of resources and required materials/tools in order to prepare and take the exam.
D. Results Verification Request Form
Complete this form to request verification of your test results. This request is for FAILING CANDIDATES only
E. Withdrawal/Refund Request Form
Use this form if you have already registered and wish to withdraw from one of the exams for which you have registered or if you wish to withdraw your registration entirely.
F. Alternative Testing Arrangements Request Form
Alternative testing arrangements that are reasonable in the context of this licensure exam and supported by documentation may be provided, upon request, to candidates who would not be able to take the exam under standard conditions. Candidates who may be eligible for alternative testing arrangements are:
- Candidates whose religious practices do not allow them to take tests on Saturdays; or
- Candidates with physical disabilities (e.g., visual impairments, motor disabilities, illness, or injury) or cognitive or emotional disabilities (e.g., learning disabilities); or
- Food Allergies which would prevent participation in a particular portion of the Culinary Arts Performance Exam (i.e., fish, shellfish and certain food allergies).
- Candidates whose military obligations conflict with the established Saturday test schedu
- Testing Candidates who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the guidelines provided by CDC.
You may make a request for alternative testing arrangements when you register for the VTTTP only during the regular registration period. To ensure that there is adequate time to process your request, you are required to register and submit all required information no later than 30 calendar days prior to the scheduled examination.