Admissions Process for the Class of 2025
1. Entrance Testing Procedure
An Entrance Examination is required for admission consideration. Refer to “Dates of Entrance Exam” for scheduled exam dates. No exams from other schools will be accepted. All applicants will be tested using the results from the “Test of Essential Academic Skills” test, more commonly called the ATI TEAS Version 7.
Applicants will be assessed in three areas:
A. Reading Assessment: This test is 55 minutes with 39 scored items. This is a timed test.
B. Mathematics Assessment: This test is 57 minutes with 34 scored items. This is a timed test.
C. English Assessment: This test is 37 minutes with 33 scored items. This is a time test.
All applicants must:
D. Achieve a passing score of at least 60% correct answers in the Reading Assessment, score at least 56.7% correct answers in the Mathematics Assessment and score at least 47.0% correct answers in the English Assessment. These percentages of correct answers are the minimum scores for passing the TEAS test. An applicant must pass all three areas of assessment to qualify for an interview.
E. Students wanting to retake the entrance exam must score above the 39% correct answer level in both the Reading Assessment, Mathematics Assessment and English Assessment sections of the TEAS test. The applicant must wait until the following school year to retake the entrance exam.
If the applicant decides to take the exam more than once, they will need to register again online and pay $70 prior to that application deadline date to be considered for that exam. Please contact the secretary for payment information via email email@example.com or by phone at 978-441-4874. The applicant may take the entrance exam only twice from December 2023 through April 2024.
Students who fail the entrance exam may want to contact the following educational institutions for remediation: Middlesex Community College – Bedford, MA, Adult Learning Center - 781-280-3662 (Bedford classes), 978-941-1373 (Waltham classes), Lowell Adult Education - 978-937-8989
Preparing for the TEAS Exam
The TEAS Pre-Test Study Manual will be used by most students to prepare for this exam. Go to www.atitesting.com – to the “on-line store” to purchase this item.
Below are links that can also help you prepare for the TEAS
2. Application Form
Upon achieving a passing score on the Entrance Exam, applicants must fill out the online registration form completely and accurately. The $140.00 application fee includes payment for one entrance examination session. Please note: applicants must be at least 17.5 years of age before classes begin.
All applicants who have met the entrance requirements will be notified by email. At that time, the applicant needs to email the Admissions Director to set up an appointment an interview.
These documents will be required on the day of the interview and will be evaluated for enrollment decisions.
Admissions Check List:
- Completed Application
- Your Resume of recent education and work experience.
- Original/Official U.S. High School Transcript or Official U.S. College Transcript approved by that State’s Board of Education or a U.S. GED. If supplying a GED, we must see the GED Certificate and the Official Transcript of GED Test Results. Students that do not possess a U.S. High School Transcript or a U.S. GED can:
1. Test for a U.S. GED in their city of residence, or
2. Contact the Center of Educational Documentation Inc., P.O. Box 199 Boston, MA 02117, 1-617-338-7171, www.cedevaluations.com for information on having your foreign diploma evaluated for equivalency and authenticity.
- Professional Evaluation (3) — The evaluator must submit the form to the Admissions Director via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Greater Lowell Technical School 250 Pawtucket Blvd., Tyngsborough, MA 01879 ATTN: Practical Nurse Program. These letters must be from current/former supervisors and/or teachers. Do not submit letters from relatives or friends.
- Documentation of Citizenship Status (one of the following): All documents Must be ORIGINALS
1. Birth Certificate (original)
2. Certificate of Naturalization (original)
3. VALID U.S. Passport (original)
4. VALID Resident Alien Card (original)
5. VALID Employment Authorization Card (original) All non-citizen documentation will be submitted for verification with the Department of Homeland Security.
- Social Security Card - Must be ORIGINAL
- Proof of Residency
Driver’s License - If you possess a different address than was is indicated on your license please provide: 1. Resident's Utility Bill and/or Lease Agreement
4. Special Accommodations
Greater Lowell Technical Practical Nurse Program seeks to provide reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability while adhering to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations and guidelines to provide an equal educational opportunity. It is the applicant’s responsibility to request a reasonable accommodation for their disability. Please contact the Program Director at 978-441-4870 for required further information.
In order for the Greater Lowell Technical Practical Nurse Program to investigate, review and evaluate all special accommodations, the application must be submitted 30 days prior to the requested examination date. No late requests will be accepted. Individuals with a qualified disability seeking a reasonable accommodation will be notified by mail of the test accommodation prior to the examination date.
5. Program Technical Standards
In order to successfully complete the Nursing Program, certain physical and behavioral capabilities are required in course work and as part of your clinical experience. All nursing students must be able to satisfy these standards with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Communication (Verbal and Non-Verbal)
- Auditory Ability
- Visual Ability
- Physical Strength (Gross Motor Control)
- Manual Dexterity (Fine Motor Movement)
- Behavioral/Mental Performance
6.Clinical Placement Requirements include the following
1. Basic Life Support Course (BLS - Health Care Provider ) - BLS Health Care Provider is required for all admitted PN students prior to starting their clinical experiences in early September. This can only
be through the American Heart Association.
2. Health Requirements - Health Exams are required prior to being placed at clinical sites. The school also requires that all students be in good health as evidenced by:
A. Pre-Entrance Medical Exam
B. Pre-Entrance Titres Records. (MMR, HBV, Varicella Titers, TSpot or Quantiferon Gold, CXR within the past year if Tspot or
Quantiferon Gold is positive, TDAP within the last 10 years (Vaccine), Influenza (Vaccine), MenACWY for students 21 years of age or younger and Drug Screening
C. Any other immunization requirements specified by the MA Department of Public Health (Meningococcal for all full-time students 21-years of age or younger)
D. COVID Vaccinations including 1 Booster for any student. NO EXCEPTIONS
E. Health Insurance
3. Negative background Cori results
4. Negative drug test results
5. Evidence of current student malpractice insurance